The Language Learning Collective is a blog space where second language learners can work together. For example; I write a post in Spanish. When my friend Carles Vilalta comes to the blog, he copies and pastes my work into a comment, make edits and gives me tips on how I can improve my writing. We can then plan a time to meet on Skype to practice our spoken skills. I do the same with his posts, make edits and help him to improve his English. In this exchange we also learn about each others countries and cultures! It is a fun way to utilize the capabilities of internet communication to benefit a goal: learning a second language.
This 'exchange' was started by myself and Carles two years ago. I want to continue it and invite anyone who is interested to join. Lets see what we can do with this. There is also the potential to form groups and use a platform such as:
Blackboard Collaborate http://www.blackboard.com/platforms/collaborate/overview.aspx
This is an online platform that allows multiple user to log on to a virtual classroom. It has microphone features that allow students to speak and has tools for writing lesson information on the 'Blackboard'.
I hope to start this as an experiment and see if we can create some language learning exchanges!
No comments:
Post a Comment